- Added a mount capable of holding a variety of flight computers (aka smartphones)
- Replaced and relocated the mic switch on the stick
- Replaced the mic boom mount with a more secure screw mount setup, and,
- Moved the radio speaker to the back wall of the cockpit to help us hear it.
- Replaced the tape holding the wire down with clips (didn't get a picture of that!)
We also replaced the battery and secured the external airflow tube. Our '26 is even more of a joy to spend time in! Now to get some new paint on and make her look as good as she flies!
Merlin has a few new members that came in over the past few months. Marybeth has signed on to be one of our tow pilots and will also start the glider add-on to her power license. We have two active students, Kevin and Peter, as well as a new instructor and member, Wally Azimi. We have also welcomed new member pilot Dave Edmonds working on a glider add-on to his power license.
We'll again be at the Banff Mountain Film Festival this spring (check the Chesterfield Parks and Rec site for more information). If you are interested in meeting members of the club, and seeing great movies focused on the outdoors, come out and see us at Banff!
We're on the right side of the solstice and looking forward to the high lift and longer days of spring and summer! We'll try to post more often as our activities increase!